Wednesday 1 February 2012

2012 (wait and see)

So. It's 2012.

Yup.

On one hand you have Chinese astrology saying all good and powerful things about the year of the lucky dragon. On the other hand you have John Cusack and global mass destruction (complete with appearance of villainous Russian billionaire).

2012 for me means many things: it means a year of endless opportunities, a year of good old fashion hard work, and evidently, a year of grand sweeping statements.

Dramatics momentarily aside, this year feels like it's time to get real. It means committing to something and sticking with it. It thus means the return of this blog. Ta-da!

This time I come back a little older, perhaps a little wiser, and certainly a lot more honest.

Sometimes things don't work out as you intended them to. Shouldn't stop you from trying though. Try and try again, right? I seem to always subscribe to the school of 'learn-things-the-hard-way' and the last couple of years has been plenty busy with such learning.

'They Call Me Rubes' has been on hiatus for most of this learning time. Originally I had planned to compose one song a week and I gave myself 4 hours to do this. A little ambitious sure, but possible. Alas, I hadn't factored in a little something we call my life. I managed nine of these songs, and although they are now removed from this site, they will eventually be archived for memory's sake. The original concept didn't work out as intended. Try and try again, right?

So, 2012 is a year of launches or relaunches, this blog included. One of my New Year's resolutions is to commit to realistic achievements; thus, 12 blogsongs in one year. Every month will see a new song, which as always, speaks about a topic that I would usually blog about, but does so in musical format. And this time the blogsong will come with a brand spankin' video to boot.

The first blogsong - "2012 (wait and see)" is about as philosophical as I'll allow myself to get when incorporating 80s synth into the background music. The beginning of the year always brings hope - and my hope is that no matter who you are or where you're based, that 2012 brings you all that you hope for (and that you'll forgive/ignore the blatant use of grand sweeping statements in blogs).

So. It's February.

Yup.

And this is January's blogsong but a teensy bit late?

Uh-huh.

Try and try again, right?


Rubes.

NB. Video includes an abundance of domestic animals, drool worthy locations, and no-budget, time-reducing, on-the-run footage. That's just how I roll.

PS. If you are interested in the lyrics then check them out here on the youtube channel






No comments:

Post a Comment